Industry Advisory Council
Our Industry Advisory Council (IAC) is comprised of dedicated industry leaders who volunteer their time and talents to improve operations and outreach at the Strawberry Center. The breath of their service is extensive: they collaborate on research projects, help create and promote new programs, serve as liaisons to the strawberry industry, and provide the center with industry access and credibility.
We are very grateful for their service.
- Andrew Wiemers, Gem Pack Berries
- Bill Reiman, True North Farming Company, LLC; Aspen Horticulture, Inc.
- Bryan Gresser, Central West Produce
- Dave Murray, Good Farms
- Doug Thomas, Crown Nursery, LLC
- Edgar Lopez, Driscoll’s, Inc., Santa Maria
- Hector Gutierrez, NB Farms, Inc.
- Jenny Broome, Driscoll’s, Inc. Global R&D
- Kevin Dwyer, California Giant, Inc.
- Kevin Gee, Darensberries, LLC
- Michael Cleugh, West Coast Berry Farms; AgriFrost
- Mike Nelson, Plant Sciences, Inc.
- Nathan Dorn, Food Origins
- Ryan Harrison, Red Dog Management, Inc.
- Sean Stevens, Well-Pict
- Tom AmRhein, Naturipe Berry Growers
Strawberry Center Industry Advisory Council members, 2022-2023 (Left to Right: Hector Gutierrez, Sean Stevens, Edgar Lopez, Bill Reiman, Kevin Gee, Rick Tomlinson, Dave Murray, Mike Nelson, Ryan Harrison, Jenny Broome, Doug Thomas, Tom AmRhein, Michael Cleugh)
Ex Officio MEMBERS
- Andy Thulin, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Gerald Holmes, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- John Lin, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Rick Tomlinson, California Strawberry Commission
- Sarah Zukoff, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Shashika Hewavitharana, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo